Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dusk the Bat:Day 2

GUESS WHO DECIDED TO STAY FOR THE NIGHT




I had checked the bush last night, the one where my sister and I released a grounded Little Brown Bat. It wasn't there, so my guess was that it managed to fly away.
BOY WAS I WRONG! Next morning, Gramp's tells me he found the bat again, this time by the side of the house. I must've passed it by last night without even knowin'. SO! As I had said before, I whipped out the cell and started callin' animal shelters and animal control.
Trouble is, animal control never answered, and the shelter only told me to call animal control! PLUS the vet wont take it because it's a wild animal.
What a delightful clusterfuck that was!
My grandpa assisted me in scoupin' little 'Dusk' into a box without touching it. I put a towel and cut off the bottom of a water bottle so it had a shallow water bowl in there. Want it to be a bit more comfortable at least. He's got a bit of a shelter now, so none of the cats living feral should pick it off. However without animal control, I'm at a total loss.
There's a view of that missing patch of fur on its back.



I called Jak, ,and she came over to see it. After watching her play some freakin' LSD 'Guitar Hero World Tour', we waited until dusk [Oh! Jeeze!] to let it out of the box. However, it simply scrambled about on the ground, rolling around. I'm pretty sure that any bat wouldn't think twice about flying away quickly, but little Dusk simply can't manage it. We decided it's safer to keep it in the security of the box.
Jak also brought it to my attention, that the number of falcons in our area is growing. That's cool an' all, but the falcons eat the bats, who eat the misquitoes. Now there's worry about our bat population.. NOT. COOL. I'm thinking that Dusk must have been attacked by something a bit tougher then a Jay, that missing patch of hair may be hiding a broken or dislocated bone. Its wings are fine, and crawls well, but it can't fly! So Dusk's problem somewhere I can't see it. Perhaps it's weak from hunger.

Tomarro I'm going to try animal control again. Jak's mom also gave me some useful numbers to call as well. THANKS MA!
Maybe we can buy some mealworms for the little monkey tomarrow.
It's nice to know that my friend and her family got my back on this. Everyone in my family wants me to just "get rid of it". I bet if it was a cute baby pink bunny, they'd have no problem. GUESS WHAT!
THE FREAKIN' BUNNY CAN GET RABIES TOO


However, Gramps and possibly my sister seem to support me. Wish me luck in getting through to the stupid freakin' animal control tomarrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment