Friday, September 18, 2009

Dusk the Bat:Day 4

Dusk seemed a bit more alert this morning. Glancing up at me when I opened the box, checkin' me out with a few echo-chirps. It wasn't long before I got a call from the lady coming to pick the bat up, telling me she was 45 minutes away. I chilled out with Kota, my dog, in the house for a while, then I got ready, scouped up Dusk's box from the backyard and waited out on my front step.

My tribute to the little guy. Wishing the monkey best of luck! Started out as a speedpaint, but it was completed in only a few minutes so I started adding details.

It wasn't long at all before she pulled up. Such a nice woman too! She kindly thanked me for taking care of the bat, and we disgussed bats for a little while. It's funny how I've been calling Dusk a 'little monkey' because they apparently ARE flyin' monkeys. Their DNA shares more in common with ours then rodents and such. And they're pretty darn cute if you ask me. She also gave me a little brochure, which carried a bit more info about bats and "Bat World", the sanctuary where little Dusk will be stayin'.

Check out their site here--> http://www.batworld.org/

Also, apparently in the next 4-5 years we may lose a few bat species. Which will throw off the ecosystem, since they're basicly the insect control of nature.

Well, Dusk's with the professionals now, so it's out of my hands. I did all that was with in my power, and even had help from Jak and her mom. Thanks again to them, I am eternaly grateful. Hopefully I can keep track and see how the little monkey's gettin' along. It's been a truely awesome week, and I'm feelin' good now.

Good luck Dusk! Here's to you little monkey!






In absolutely unrelated news!

I found a sexy jawbone in my backyard. Not sure what it's from though.









It's about the size of a cat's jaw but the canines are too thick to be from a cat. Hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment