Sunday, September 27, 2009

J&K

A sort of 'short series' I did involving some of the oldest characters Jak and I had ever made.
In fact, Kova was pretty much my first.

There was no real plot, nor story, within these comics. They basicly spawned from any funny situation that Jak and I could either think up, or have actually been through. I'd like to make more, but I aint had the gusto to make much of anything.

So here! Lose some brain cells.


"Organized"















The first of the series. Not much of a back story for it, the situation just sorta poped into my head and nagged until it had its way. It's probably one of my favorites of the series, as I shot for complex backgrounds and a somewhat decent panel set up.

"Stranded"
Can't have just one! I had gotten into the spree of making one of these little skits a day. And honestly, they were really helping get the comic-making-mojo flowin'. Just another silly situation. I mean, WHO HASN'T been stranded on the toilet bowl?....-slow hand ra--ANYWAY
On to the next page yeah?
"Crime Scene"
Ahhh.. you have no idea how drawing the little broken and defeated bodies of those caterpillars will haunt my memories for years to come. This was actually baised off of an experience Jak and I had in the park.
Yeeeeears to come.
Also, I have a rather obnoxious habit of making Kova do everything with his left hand.
"The Bruises and the Bees"


This one's probably my favorite..
"Stoic"




This one was Jak's idea. It was too good to resist~ And ooooh that vague, formless background. How sexy.
Stoic
"One who is seemingly indifferent to or unaffected by joy, grief, pleasure, or pain." -definition from http://dictionary.reference.com/
"Voices"
Silly idea I had. Origionally wanted to give Jakro some legit speaking lines in this one, but the situation seemed better off if he was left wordless.
Hell, I'd be. I enjoy the poses and little BG details that keep it simple, but not blank.
"Hat"
This one was another one of Jak's ideas. Poor Jakro and his constantly shifting hair style..

No comments:

Post a Comment