Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dusk the Bat:Day 3

CHIRP! CHIRP! CHIRP! CHIRP! CHIRP! CHIRP! CHEEP!CHEEP!CHEEP!

All night. ALL NIGHT LONG.

I'm not a good sleeper, and listening to little dingbat chirping all night kept me up to around 6:00. I then got up early [I dunno..9:00?], because I had this over whelming sense of dread. The thought that when I opened that box I'd find that the bat didn't make it through the night due to its injuries.
But Dusk has proven to be a tiny fighter!

Last night, while being kept awake by "CHIRPCHIRPCHIRP", I put on a yellow shirt. I wanted my own body heat to warm the shirt up so I could put it in the box with Dusk.
Jak came over again, and her mom was awesome and got some mealworms for Dusk, THANKS MA! You're the greatest! Really, that family has been the biggest support.
After playing with one of the mealworms [Jak didn't wanna touch them, BUT I SURE DID!] I proceeded to decapitate it, take the body and offer it to Dusk. Using a tweaser and leather gloves of course.
At first it didn't really want to be bothered. It was day and it kept shoving its face into the towel I had in the box, rolling around, and chattering with displeasure, but once I got one of the worms in its mouth, we could hear Dusk crunching down on it. Ate the inside of a few, but really didn't want to be bothered, and continued shoving its face into the towel [probably trying sheild its face from the light].
We left the little monkeydogmousebird to rest for a bit, leaving some mealworm bits, fresh water, and my shirt. Made sure to push the shirt up on the wall so Dusk'd be able to hang from it, and it was warm too. Then Jak and I proceeded to watch "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", and totally distroied it with logic in a fashion worthy of MythBusters.
When it started getting dark out, we checked Dusk again. It was hanging upsidedown from my yellow shirt. I used the gloves and tweasers to put the whole dish of mealworms in there for it, and we went to Jaks house for her mom's birthday.
Ma also got in contact with a bat expert, who gave my number to another bat person who's coming to my county tomarrow [LUCK PLZ!]. She's coming tomarrow afternoon to pick up little Dusk!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MA!

I checked on Dusk once again when I got home. It was hanging upsidedown from my yellow shirt, but to my suprise I saw a mealworm massacre. Little pwned bodies all over the interior of the box. Mostly nothing but skins left. It pleased me to no end to see that Dusk ate almost all of the mealworms.

Also, it didn't chatter in fear when I opened the box. Instead it just sorta glanced over its shoulder at me, and made a few content chirps. Maybe it got used to my scent from hangin' out on my shirt.

Hang in there monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment